SEA FREIGHT TO NZ FROM AUSTRALIA
“Shipping Containers to NZ for over 20 years”
“Shared Shipping Containers to NZ”
CALL CARGOMASTER TEL: 1300 767 136
Vessels sail weekly from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide to Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Nelson, Lyttelton and Port Chalmers. CargoMaster offers two options when sea freight shipping to NZ, consolidated sea freight (shared container) or full container loads.
LESS THAN A CONTAINER LOAD TO NZ (SHARED SHIPPING CONTAINER TO NZ):
CargoMaster consolidates sea freight to New Zealand from Australia daily in all Australian capital cities. CargoMaster is able to pick up your goods from almost anywhere in Australia. Consolidated sea freight (or sea freight that is intended for consolidation is collected from clients and transported to a consolidation yard and packed into containers. Consolidated cargo is shipped to Auckland, Wellington, Lyttelton, Napier, Nelson, Palmerston North, Tauranga, Port Chalmers and Hamilton, with on-forwarding services to almost anywhere in NZ. CargoMaster can organize customs clearance and door delivery of your consolidated cargo.
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO NZ
CargoMaster offers weekly sea freight shipping of containers from all Australian capitals to most destinations on the North and South Islands of NZ. CargoMaster is able to organize the delivery of shipping containers to almost any where in Australia for stuffing or you can pack your container in one of CargoMaster’s packing yards. All types of equipment available for sea transportation to NZ , including 20ft and 40ft containers, high cube containers and 20 and 40 ft flat racks.
CargoMaster moves a wide variety of cargo to NZ by sea freight, for anyone lucky enough to be moving to NZ, ask CargoMaster about Self Pack International Shipping Containers to NZ, a low cost alternative to expensive removalists! Self Pack international moving containers can be delivered to your home in Australia for packing. If you are moving to .
CargoMaster moves all types of commodities in shipping containers )and on flat racks) to NZ, mining machinery, construction equipment, cars, trucks, boats, machinery or all shapes and sizes, the list is endless! CargoMaster is able to offer you a Door to Port or Door to Door service for shipping containers to NZ.
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO AUCKLAND
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO LYTTELTON
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO PORT CHALMERS
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO TAURANGA
SHIPPING CONTAINERS TO WELLINGTON
MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
NEW ZEALAND BORDER CONTROL AND AGENCIES
Border agencies The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) along with New Zealand Customs Service and the Department of Immigration, have specific requirements for people moving personal effects/household possessions to New Zealand. The following guide is put together by MPI – please refer to New Zealand Customs and the Department of Immigration websites for further information in those areas.Clearance of goods An inspector will assess documentation presented to MPI for possible risk goods. If an inspection of your personal effects is required this must be at a transitional facility and you must notify MPI of the location. If the shipment is a full sea container load an inspection of the sea container is mandatory and will be carried out by an accredited person or a MPI inspector. For more information contact MPI, your moving company, freight forwarder or customs agent. Other conditions may also apply and MPI will advise you of these at time of application. Keys may be required for any locked trunks, suitcases or vehicles.
RESTRICTED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS:
Do not pack these goods as they may be seized unless accompanied by official certification: • Any packets of food. • Honey, pollen, propolis, honeycombs and other bee products. • Plants, bulbs, cuttings, corms, rhizomes or tubers, commercially packed seeds and seeds for planting. • Packaging such as straw or used fresh food cartons. • Items restricted under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) such as coral, ivory, snakeskin or whale bone items, turtle shell and some sea shells.
PACKING YOUR PERSONAL EFFECTS
Strict biosecurity laws mean there are some items you cannot bring to New Zealand, and some other items will require inspection on arrival. Using a professional moving company, freight forwarder or import agent to help you move can be beneficial, as they can provide assistance with MPI requirements. Having an accurate and easily understood manifest of your belongings will help MPI to assess these quickly when they arrive in New Zealand. By not packing some items, or packing goods that may require inspection together, you may save costs and time. If belongings are arriving in a sea container then the container must meet the requirements of the Import Health Standard for Sea Containers
ITEMS THAT MUST BE DECLARED
The following items must be declared as they may require inspection and in some cases certification from the country of origin:
- Fresh or dried fruit, vegetables, mushrooms or fungi.
- Any meat, fish, shellfish or poultry.
- Ingredients used in cooking, all milk products, cheese, eggs or egg products, and milk based baby foods.
- Hunting trophies or stuffed animals.
- Traditional or herbal medicines or remedies, health supplements and homeopathic remedies that include animal or plant products.
- Dried flower arrangements or Christmas decorations made from plant material.
- Items made from wood.
- Items stuffed with seeds or straw.
- Items made of from bamboo, cane, coconut or straw.
- Items containing hair, fur, unprocessed wool, skin, feathers or bone
PERSONAL MOTOR VEHICLES:
Personal vehicles and other machinery such as jet skis, lawn mowers or chainsaws are also subject to biosecurity requirements and are inspected on arrival. Before shipping, vehicles should be cleaned thoroughly inside and out, including underneath and around the wheels and wheel arches. If steam cleaning ensure the whole vehicle including the engine is cleaned. Contaminated vehicles will be directed for treatment and re-inspection (charges apply). For information on complying with vehicle safety regulations refer to the New Zealand Transport Agency website. For information on vehicle tax refer to New Zealand Customs Service.
BRINGING YOUR PETS TO NEW ZEALAND:
The requirements for bringing pets into New Zealand depend on the type of animal, where it is from and if there is an existing import health standard for the animal. Disease concerns mean that not all types of pets are allowed into New Zealand.
Wood packaging such as crates or pallets is subject to biosecurity requirements and must be declared3 . Wood packaging must have been fumigated or heat treated before use and must be declared in the Quarantine Declaration (for full container loads) regarding container cleanliness.
TYPICAL QUESTIONS CALLERS ASK ABOUT SHIPPING TO NZ:
“How long does sea freight take to New Zealand”
“Depending on the particular destination in NZ, transit times from Australia to NZ can be anywhere between 2-30 days. The transit time will depend on the origin of the cargo in Australia and the intended destination in NZ, the type of sea freight service you use will also be a factor when calculating transit times. Call CargoMaster for more exact information and the latest shipping schedules to NZ”
“How much more expensive is air freight than sea freight”
“Air freight in most cases is a lot more expensive than sea freight. The advantage is obviously transit time is quicker with air freight.”
“How much does sea freight cost”
“The cost of sea freight to NZ will depend upon where you intend shipping too. The commodity you are shipping and the origin in Australia will also be a factor when calculating CONTAINER and other shipping costs to NZ”
“Why is ocean freight so high”
“Shipping prices can be affected by a lot of outside influences. Most often the reason for higher shipping costs relates to the volumes of sea freight being moved to a particular destination, oi; prices at the time of shipping and the value of the United States dollar at the time of shipping”
“Is shipping by sea cheaper”
“In general terms yes, shipping by sea freight is your cheapest option, the time of the year and the commodity you are shipping will also be factors that will effect the cost of sea freight”
“How much does it cost for shipping containers to NZ”
“Shipping container rates to NZ from Australia will vary according to where in Australia you intend to ship from. Call CargoMaster for Australia’s best shipping rates to NZ”
“How are sea freight charges calculated”
“Charges for sea freight are calculated based on the weight and dimensions of the freight and the intended destination and origin. The method of shipping will also be relevant when trying to work out shipping costs”
SEA FREIGHT TRANSIT TIMES TO NZ
- Adelaide Auckland Melbourne 14 Days
- Adelaide Auckland Direct 8 Days
- Brisbane Auckland Direct 5 Days
- Fremantle Auckland Direct 19 Days
- Melbourne Auckland Direct 6 Days
- Sydney Auckland Direct 8 Days
- Adelaide Dunedin Auckland 16 Days
- Brisbane Dunedin Lyttelton 16 Days
- Fremantle Dunedin Auckland 27 Days
- Melbourne Dunedin Lyttelton 17 Days
- Sydney Dunedin Lyttelton 20 Days
- Adelaide Hamilton Auckland 13 Days
- Brisbane Hamilton Auckland 12 Days
- Fremantle Hamilton Auckland 24 Days
- Melbourne Hamilton Auckland 13 Days
- Sydney Hamilton Auckland 16 Days
- Adelaide Invercargill Auckland 17 Days
- Brisbane Invercargill Lyttelton 16 Days
- Fremantle Invercargill Auckland 28 Days
- Melbourne Invercargill Lyttelton 17 Days
- Sydney Invercargill Lyttelton 20 Days
- Adelaide Lyttelton Melbourne/Direct 11 Days
- Brisbane Lyttelton Direct 7 Days
- Fremantle Lyttelton Auckland 26 Days
- Melbourne Lyttelton Direct 8 Days
- Sydney Lyttelton Direct 11 Days
- Adelaide Napier Auckland 14 Days
- Brisbane Napier Auckland 13 Days
- Fremantle Napier Auckland 25 Days
- Melbourne Napier Auckland 14 Days
- Sydney Napier Auckland 17 Days
- Adelaide Nelson Auckland 15 Days
- Brisbane Nelson Lyttelton 16 Days
- Fremantle Nelson Auckland 26 Days
- Melbourne Nelson Lyttelton 17 Days
- Sydney Nelson Lyttelton 20 Days
- Adelaide Palmerston North Auckland 14 Days
- Brisbane Palmerston North Auckland 13 Days
- Fremantle Palmerston North Auckland 25 Days
- Melbourne Palmerston North Wellington 20 Days
- Sydney Palmerston North Wellington 22 Days
- Adelaide Tauranga Auckland 8 Days
- Brisbane Tauranga Auckland 7 Days
- Fremantle Tauranga Auckland 19 Days
- Melbourne Tauranga Auckland 8 Days
- Sydney Tauranga Auckland 11 Days
- Brisbane Timaru Lyttelton 15 Days
NZ INLAND REVENUE (Te Tari Taake)
NZ PRIMARY INDUSTRIES AUTHORITY
NEW ZEALAND FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND TRADE